Thursday, June 03, 2010

Border Hopping and Driver Training

Today we went to the Oregon DMV here in Ontario and renewed Melissa's permit, and my license, and got a replacement for Mary's license. Then Melissa and I spent a couple hours practicing driving. She's a pretty good driver, and I suspect she'll pass her test and get her license tomorrow. I hope it doesn't rain.

We had lunch across the river in Fruitland, ID with Mary's sister. Then we fell asleep on their couch! After that we went shopping for a new bed for Mary's mom. We were concerned it would take us a couple days and visiting various stores before we found something. We actually decided on something nice at the second store we went to, across the street from the first one we visited, both here in downtown Ontario. Melissa and Mary took Charie to go pick up a car for one of their sons, while I hung out at the in-law's house. Melissa's been doing all the driving since we went to the DMV!

We ended the day with dinner at Charie and Bill's, followed by introducing them to Arrested Development TV show on Netflix.

I'm glad things are going well as we really start to ramp up for being in Mexico for 2 years.

No comments: